Mini: How to Use the Focus Tool
GelSight Mini comes with the camera depth of field set to have the image in focus over the typical depth an object would be imaged with using the Mini with the original gel it was shipped to. In case the user wants to fine tune the focus or set focus to a specific point, a focus tool has been included in the GelSight Mini packages.
- Plug in the device and open the live view.
- Remove gel cartridge by pinching in on the sides and pulling out of the housing.
- Take the focus tool and position the end of the tube over the lens.
- Slowly rotate then tool, if the focus is adjusting the tool is properly engaged.
- Focus the lens to the central rib lens target for the OEM gel.
- There are 3 total focus targets (planes) in the tool, for use with users imaging to OEM depth, or -1.5mm/+1.5mm.
- Face the device toward a light to brighten the image if needed
- For use cases that only lightly deflect the gel the further target may provide a clearer image
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.