Forum home

How do I Repair a Damaged GelSight Mini’s Gel?

Hello,
While using my lab’s GelSight with a franka robot, I accidentally damaged the silicon layer of the GelSight, ripping a chunk out of the sensor. Although I’m ordering another one, I was hoping to keep working with the damaged sensor until the new pad comes in. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to repair the gel? I was considering supergluing it, but I’m afraid that might further damage the gel. If anyone has any experience with repairing the GelSight or any general suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Abraham

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      AbrahamGeorge
      Participant

Hello,
      While using my lab’s GelSight with a franka robot, I accidentally damaged the silicon layer of the GelSight, ripping a chunk out of the sensor. Although I’m ordering another one, I was hoping to keep working with the damaged sensor until the new pad comes in. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to repair the gel? I was considering supergluing it, but I’m afraid that might further damage the gel. If anyone has any experience with repairing the GelSight or any general suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
      Thanks,
      Abraham

MohamadHalwani
      Participant

Hi

I doubt that superglue would work with rubber. What you could use is some silicone epoxy, i will give you good results if you have the chunk in good(ish) shape. Search for Sil-poxy.

Halwani

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.