I. POLICY OVERVIEW
GelSight, its subsidiaries, and its affiliates (collectively, “GelSight”, the “Company”, “we,” “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its consumers.
II. DATA PROCESSING
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Personal Information means any information by which you can be identified (e.g., full name, postal address, e-mail address, IP address and telephone number, payment information).
GelSight may gather Personal Information about you in order to respond to your requests and provide you with appropriate information about GelSight’s products, services, and events.
REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION OR ONLINE ORDERS
If you register on our website, to request general information about GelSight’s products, services, and events, or in order to make purchases online through our website, you may be required to provide Personal Information.
2. CONTACTING US BY EMAIL
When you send GelSight an email from our website, you may be required to provide Personal Information.
If you choose to apply for employment with GelSight online, you will be required to provide Personal Information.
4. COOKIES & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed.
COOKIES WE MAY USE
- Authentication: to identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website
- Status: to help us to determine if you are logged into our website
- Personalization: to store information about your preferences and to personalize the website for you
- Security: to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally
- Advertising: to help us to display advertisements that will be relevant to you
- Analysis: to help us to analyze the use and performance of our website and services
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. Disabling all cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website. For information on how to disable cookies, please visit the Help section of your web browser.
OTHER WEB TECHNOLOGIES
GelSight may opt to use technology that tracks the activity on our website and store certain information. For example, technology that lets us know what type of browser you are using, the website from which you enter our website, and the pages you view as you visit the website. This technology does not identify you personally, however it may help us compile aggregate statistics about our guests and their use of our website. We may use these statistics to improve our website design and content, and to prepare and deliver our marketing programs and materials.
5. INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may also obtain information about Consumers from third parties, including social media and data augmentation services, third-party vendors to monitor and analyze the use of our services and products, or other third-party vendors that we use to provide services and products to you.
6. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSED
GelSight may process the following type of Personal Information:
- First & Last Names
- Job Titles
- Birth Dates
- Home Addresses
- Email Addresses (Personal & Business)
- Phone Numbers (Personal & Business)
- Government-Issued Identifications (Passport, Driver’s License, etc.)
- Social Security Numbers
- Employer Identification Number
- Tax Identification Number
- Tax Returns or Forms
- Financial Account Numbers
- Credit or Debit Payment Card Numbers
- Compensation & Benefits Data
- Workers Compensation Claim Data
- Medical Data
- Education Data
- Dependent or Beneficiary Data
- Usernames & Passwords
- IP Addresses
- Cookie or other Analytical Data from our Website
- Web Browsing or Search History
- Any other personal information that you may disclose to us
7. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING
GelSight processes the Personal Information of its Consumers for one or more of the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests, process and fulfill your order or contract, and provide you with support, including retaining information in order to better respond to further requests or inquiries we receive from you.
- To send you information from time to time regarding products; services and events that we think may be of interest to you
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or government regulations
- To manage a recruitment process, including considering applications and making offers
- For internal administrative and auditing purposes
- To improve our website and our products generally; and
- To customize our website to Consumers’ needs
Please note that the examples provided above are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive.
Where consent is required, GelSight shall ensure consent is obtained in a manner that is consistent with applicable privacy laws or regulations, such as the CCPA.
III. DATA MANAGEMENT
1. THIRD PARTY LINKS
2. DATA RETENTION
To ensure fair processing, Personal Information will not be retained by GelSight for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected, or for which it was further processed. This takes into account the legal and contractual requirements, both minimum and maximum. However, in some circumstances we may retain Personal Information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements.
IV. DATA PROTECTION
GelSight has technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information on the Firm’s security practices and procedures.
V. DATA TRANSFERS
Data transfers refer to the movement of Personal Information from GelSight to a third party. Data transfers may occur locally, nationally, or internationally.
Examples of ways in which GelSight may share your Personal Information with affiliates or third parties:
- To assist us in providing information, products or services to you.
- To assist us in our recruitment processes (for applicants).
- To manage and improve our website.
- For research, educational or marketing purposes, aggregated non-personalized data may be shared
- For marketing purposes (including possible sales of such data)
- To respond to requests where required to do so, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
- With the potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, in which case the Personal Information held by us about our Consumers may be one of the transferred assets.
VI. CONSUMER RIGHTS & REQUESTS
Consumers may exercise the following rights over their Personal Information pursuant to applicable privacy regulation:
- Right to access your personal information or request information regarding your personal information
- Right to opt out of the sale of your personal information
- Right to request erasure of your personal information
- Right to data portability/receive the personal information that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and have the right to receive such data without hindrance from us
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
If you would like to request information about our processing activities with respect to your personal information or would like to exercise your rights, as described in the above section, you may contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. GelSight does not charge for this service. For your protection, we will need to verify your identity prior to complying with your request.
GelSight will make a good faith effort to provide you with the requested information without undue delay, but no later than required by law. GelSight reserves the right to limit or deny access to the requested information where providing such information would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or as otherwise permitted under relevant laws or regulations. If GelSight determines that the requested information cannot be provided in any particular instance, GelSight will provide the requestor with an explanation for why the information cannot be provided.
This website may contain links to third party sites. We do not control nor are we responsible for the privacy practices of those websites and therefore encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites. This policy applies solely to Personal Information collected by this website or in the course of our business activities.